A place for great online writing to gather.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Don't call; just text

My goodness. Usually NYTimes trends are so bologna fallacious bull-honkey... their one purpose is to ignite interesting counter-example conversation. BUT this article struck at the core of something I've been feeling for years. No matter how wonderful it is to get a call from someone - especially friends/family ya haven't talked to in a while - there remains an element of intrusiveness and urgency inherent to phone calls. Texts just seems so polite, informative, and readily available whenever there's a free second. Phone calls on the other hand require so much! Take ambient noise for instance. What's the locus of existing places that qualify both of the follow criteria: 1) A quiet area so the caller can hear you 2) not TOO quiet so you're not being a nuisance to others. How many of those places actually exist - Unless I'm at home, usually I'm impinging on one or the other.... Or I have to spend 5 minutes looking around the school for an empty room. Meanwhile, I can text all day during class!

Anywhooo - It's late. But this article got me all riled up. plz, read, enjoy. And actually anyone reading this article can call me any time. It's the people that do call me I don't want to hear from - haha - just kidding, that's mean. miss all you guys!

-Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment