A place for great online writing to gather.

Monday, March 23, 2009

I Cans Make $

A few weeks ago a coworker just showed me FAIL BLOG, which I continue to find hilarious despite the overarching theme of the site being schadenfreude (really it's more just the general stupidity of others). That's one of the reasons this article from slate caught my eye-- an article promising to explain how they make money. I was expecting an explanation having some relation to Google's Ad Sense style advertising, where consumer information is utilized to provide a highly active and sought customized ad space. Instead the article just explains that the owner of the company looks for internet memes that are likely to outlast the usual 15 minutes of fame. I was disappointed the article never goes into the process to which he actually makes money-- rather, it just discusses how he gets content and lots of people to come to his site.

No comments:

Post a Comment